"Asphalt Sealcoating Direct" or "ASD" refers to Asphalt Sealcoating Direct, a brand of M&M Distribution LLC. The use of the term "us," "we" or "our" refers to M&M Distribution LLC, the owner of the Asphalt Sealcoating Direct brand and of this Site. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of this Site.
M&M Distribution LLC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Site, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
M&M Distribution LLC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10/25/2023.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and company name; job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Legal Basis for Use
- With your consent. We ask for your agreement to process your information for specific purposes and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
- Legitimate interests. We process your information for our legitimate interests while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things like detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, usability, functionality or technical issues with our services, protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of our properties, or our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law; enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of this Privacy Disclaimer; in order to comply and/or fulfill our obligation under applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, industry standards and contractual requirements, legal processes, subpoenas or government requests.
Purpose of Use
We may use information that we collect about You for the following purposes:
Internal record keeping; the improvement our products and services; send periodic promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; use your contact information to contact you for market research purposes; use the information to customize the Site according to your interests; and for other legitimate business purposes, including the following:
- Product Improvement: We may use the information to analyze your use of our Site to develop new features and functionality; improve our support responses; improve forecasting; and identify, understand, and anticipate performance issues and the factors that affect them.
- Legal Requirements: We may use the information to comply with any applicable rule or regulation, to protect our legal interests and/or respond to or defend against (actual or potential) legal proceedings against us or our affiliates.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is needed for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and other permitted purposes, including retention of personal information pursuant to any applicable contract, law or regulation. Our retention periods vary based on business, legal and regulatory needs.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
We do not "sell" your data within the meaning of the CCPA. We only use the information you provide to us on this Site to answer your inquiries. This Site uses a service provider to place strictly necessary cookies which are essential for the functioning of the Site. To learn more about cookies, please visit our Privacy & Disclaimer page.
Submitting Requests Relating to your Personal Information
California residents may submit requests relating to your personal information as described below by submitting a request by email through our Contact Page. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with any of the requests described below. To verify your identity, we may require you to provide certain information we are likely to already have on-file about you based on the type of relationship you have with us. If you exercise your right to request specific pieces of your personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale and Sharing of your Personal Information
California residents may opt-out of the sale of their personal information or the sharing of their personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising. As stated above, we do not "sell" the information you provide to us through the Site therefore there is really no reason to Opt-Out.
Right to Request More Information
Please note that due to the different requirements of the applicable laws, our response times may vary depending on the specific type(s) of information sought. We respond to all verifiable requests for information as soon as we reasonably can and no later than legally required.
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Following receipt of a verifiable request, we will let you know what, if any personal information we can delete from our records. If we cannot delete all of your personal information, we will let you know why.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
If you choose to exercise any of your rights, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
Learn more about cookies here: www.allaboutcookies.org
Monitoring and Tracking Technology
We utilize certain monitoring and tracking technologies, including ones offered by third party service providers. These technologies are used in order to provide a better experience to our Customers. For example, these technologies enable us to: (i) keep track of our Customer's preferences, (ii) identify technical issues and improve the overall performance of our Site, and (iii) create and monitor analytics.
- Google Analytics (https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en-US) – Google Analytics tracks and reports on website traffic, using the data collected to monitor our Site. The data is shared with other Google services and used by Google to change and personalize the ads on Google's network.
- First party authentication cookie – We use this cookie to authenticate your requests and maintain session information. This cookie is not used to target you with online marketing.
Search Engine Marketing/Re-marketing
Generally, Re-marketing means showing you advertisements on other websites based on what you viewed on our Site.
We will not store or collect any payment card details when you purchase products directly through our Site however this information may be saved through the respective payment service.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our Site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us through our Contact Page
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This Site and its content is copyright of M&M Distribution LLC - © M&M Distribution LLC 2009/2010. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.